Ethos, Vision and Values
- Our vision is of a school which presents a picture of the world as it ought to be and not a mirror of society as it is; a picture which will influence the way our children will deal with society and so become a witness for the Catholic way.
- Our vision is of a school which reflects its Catholic distinctiveness in a safe, loving, caring, Catholic environment where everyone treats each other with tolerance and respect, based on Gospel Values; a community which grows together in faith.
- Our vision of the curriculum is based on an active learning of knowledge, skills, attitudes and values which the children will need for life in the community and in an ever-changing world of technology.
- Our vision is of a mutually supportive partnership between school, parents, the parish and the wider community.
We will strive to Love God by:
Providing a loving and caring environment in which our children and staff can grow in their journey of faith and develop a knowledge, understanding and love of the Catholic faith which:
- uses the teachings of Christ as our guide.
- shares a common experience of living the Christian way.
- promotes a community of love, prayer and forgiveness.
- encourages worshipping together as a Catholic community
We will strive to Love Learning by:
Providing a Christian community of learning which:
- seeks to recognise the achievement, talents and personal worth of each and every individual.
- offers a broad, balanced, creative and inclusive curriculum through which all of our children can develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values needed for life in the community and wider world.
- prepares children for an ever-changing technological world.
We will strive to Love One Another by:
Providing a mutually supportive partnership between school, home, parish and the wider community which:
- follows the teachings of Jesus to: “love one another as I have loved you.”
- creates a culture of forgiveness and concern for each other.
- nurtures understanding, tolerance and respect for other people and for the environment
- involves parents and the parish community in the Catholic education of our children
- strives to contribute in every way possible to the local and wider community
Our children, staff and the community have created seven core values for St Hubert's these are:
Faithful, Forgiving, Respect, Safe, Determination, Friendship, Excellence